Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Just three months after the first, experimental release of Scala macros in 2.10, we had a Scala team meeting where we decided that macros look good for becoming non-experimental in 2.12. Why go from an experiment to an official part of the language so swiftly? Well, that's because macros are genuinely useful in a wide range of applications, making impossible things possible and tedious things enjoyable.
The beautiful thing about macros in Scala is their natural integration into the language that gives rise to a number of unexpected and handy interactions with other language features. In this talk, you will learn about the most important of such interactions and will understand the mechanisms that underlie them, becoming able to realize the full potential of Scala macros in your libraries and applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A new macro system for Scala - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Domain Modelling For Digital Transformations (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)