Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
David will discuss his views on Clojure vs. Scala on the following dimensions: tooling, documentation, stability, ecosystem, language philosophy, and yes, he will go to the "static vs. dynamic" place.
Are you interested in functional programming? Like to learn what a long time Scala dude thinks about the two main functional programming languages for the JVM? Caught between 2 minds which language would work better for you?
Watch this SkillsCast recording (featuring film, code, slides) of this ScalaX talk, by Lift Creator David Pollak, and gain an understanding of his views on Clojure vs. Scala. In this talk, David tackles the fundamentals of both languages from different angles: tooling, documentation, stability, ecosystem, language philosophy, and yes, David will even go to the "static vs. dynamic" place!
David doesn't mince words and is sure to infuriate everyone at one point or another, so if you are up for watching this SkillsCast, be prepared!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functions 101 - Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 8th - 11th July 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2019 (in London on 10th - 11th October 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- AdoptOpenJDK - And how it impacts you in 2019 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)