Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
David will discuss his views on Clojure vs. Scala on the following dimensions: tooling, documentation, stability, ecosystem, language philosophy, and yes, he will go to the "static vs. dynamic" place.
Are you interested in functional programming? Like to learn what a long time Scala dude thinks about the two main functional programming languages for the JVM? Caught between 2 minds which language would work better for you?
Watch this SkillsCast recording (featuring film, code, slides) of this ScalaX talk, by Lift Creator David Pollak, and gain an understanding of his views on Clojure vs. Scala. In this talk, David tackles the fundamentals of both languages from different angles: tooling, documentation, stability, ecosystem, language philosophy, and yes, David will even go to the "static vs. dynamic" place!
David doesn't mince words and is sure to infuriate everyone at one point or another, so if you are up for watching this SkillsCast, be prepared!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functions 101 - Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 4th - 5th November 2020)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba’s Java Diagnostic Tool (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Building a Cloud Ready Application with Quarkus (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)