This talk will introduce k-nearest neighbours, describe its performance characteristics, and discuss some tricks to speed it up on differentkinds of data -- and how to apply them in a production setting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lies, Damned Lies & Dataviz (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- How developers are the new security rockstars (in Online on 16th July 2020)
- Interacting with Ethereum Blockchains with Groovy and web3j (in Online on 17th July 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Scaling up k-nearest neighbours classification
Andrew is Director of Learner Analytics & Data Science at Pearson, where he applies machine learning, statistical analysis and data visualization techniques to the challenges of 21st century education.