This talk will introduce k-nearest neighbours, describe its performance characteristics, and discuss some tricks to speed it up on differentkinds of data -- and how to apply them in a production setting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lies, Damned Lies & Dataviz (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 29th - 30th March 2021)
- Process Automation in Cloud-Native Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Agile Functional Data Pipeline in Haskell: A Case Study of Multicloud API Binding (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
Scaling up k-nearest neighbours classification
Andrew is Director of Learner Analytics & Data Science at Pearson, where he applies machine learning, statistical analysis and data visualization techniques to the challenges of 21st century education.