Today, building the next generation of mobile apps and scaling them to manage success requires leading edge platforms and infrastructure. In this session we look at how you can use the Google Cloud Platform to build highly scalable mobile backends.
We'll take an in-depth look at the Mobile Backend Starter Sample backend and we'll walk through development of an android application that makes use of some of the backend features.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hooked on HTTP/2: Building services with gRPC (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Mobile and Connected? Building Mobile Backends in the Cloud
Based in London, UK, Mandy is a Developer Relations Engineer at Google specializing in Container and Cloud technologies and working to make the world a better place for developers building applications for the Cloud.