Although Akka has a Java binding and Java EE is, obviously, a Java standard, this comparison will focus on usage from - and code in - Scala.
Enjoy the Skills Cast and grab slides via the following link.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
High-Level Concurrency: Akka Actors and Java EE 7 EJBs
Dr Gerald Loeffler architects, designs, implements and integrates software-intensive systems using object-oriented and functional languages on the JVM, typically in a Java EE environment, doing whatever it takes to guide a project to success.