Building a software system is in fact a learning process. Unfortunately we don’t know much about learning even if we’ve been doing it for all our lives. A different approach on discovery of domain complexity could help our teams to understand, frame and master the problem and solution space, enhancing collaboration with the domain experts and the stakeholders and bringing some fun.
This implies breaking some rules and assumptions, doing something unconventional, and occasionally feeling stupid. Are you ready for it?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- EventStorming Remote Modeling Workshop with Alberto Brandolini (Online Course on 9th - 12th March 2021)
- The Gordian Knot (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Lightning Talk: Specification as a Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Alberto Brandolini can model every business domain, given enough space, a paper roll and an unlimited source of colored sticky notes (with a preference for orange ones). He calls this stuff EventStorming.