Good projects make for bad software. At best the concept of a "Project" is erroneously used for IT - specifically development work. At worst the Project metaphor leads to dead software, higher costs and missed business opportunities.
In this talk Allan Kelly will attempt to justify this somewhat radical view, he will examine the project model and show how it does not match software development. He will then outline an alternative to the project model and what companies need to do to achieve it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Why Devs Hate Agile and What to do About It (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- YOW! September 2021 (Online Conference on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things (in Online Event on 15th September 2021)
- Agility Despite Scale with Organigram Adaptif (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Being Agile Without Agile Coaches at OVO Energy (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Beyond Projects - why projects are wrong and what to do instead
Allan Kelly helps companies large and small enhance their agility and boost their digital offering. Clients include: Virgin Atlantic, Qualcomm, The Bank of England, Reed Elsevier and many more small innovative companies you've never heard of. He invented Value Poker, Time-Value Profiles and Retrospective Dialogue Sheets. He is the author of "Dear Customer, the truth about IT" and books including "Project Myopia", "Continuous Digital", "Xanpan" and "Business Patterns for Software Developers". His blog is at https://www.allankellyassociates.co.uk/blog/