SkillsCast coming soon.
Impact Mapping is a visual mind-mapping technique, which can be transformational in bridging the gap between technical and business teams.
This session was a hands on workshop and therefore not recorded*
Impact Mapping helps teams collaborate to break down and prioritise scope into increments of business value and explore options as to how to deliver business capabilities in the shortest possible time frame.
Kicking off development in this way facilitates key buy in from business stakeholders on philosophies underpinning Agile and BDD practices, particularly flexible scope.
For development teams, Impact Mapping provides a unified vision and clear line of sight between features and measurable business benefits, hence driving delivery of lean software and ensuring teams are collaborating on the highest value examples.
By the end of this highly interactive session, participants will have gained hands-on experience of Impact Mapping and an understanding of how to apply this technique to maximise the effectiveness of other BDD and Agile practices in their organisation.
You can find the slides of this session here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 15th - 16th July 2019)
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Keynote: Enabling Teams to Embrace Change (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.