Interested in creating your own first type provider? Join The London F#unctional User Group who will provide expert advice on how to construct and hack providers already out there.
In this session we'll start from a brand new Visual Studio project and work as a group to a type provider which:
- Creates a namespace
- Adds a type to that namespace with:
- a static property
- a constructor or 2
- an instance property
- an instance method
After that the workshop will continue with an opportunity for you to create your own first type provider with expect advice at hand or (if you're an old hand at all this) hack on some of the excellent open source type providers out there already.
Please come along with a laptop.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rachel Appel: Build Data Driven Web Apps using ASP.NET Core (in London on 25th June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Fancy Bears Are Not Your Problem: Real World Appsec (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Creating Type Providers: Hands On with Michael Newton
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.