Interested in creating your own first type provider? Join The London F#unctional User Group who will provide expert advice on how to construct and hack providers already out there.
In this session we'll start from a brand new Visual Studio project and work as a group to a type provider which:
- Creates a namespace
- Adds a type to that namespace with:
- a static property
- a constructor or 2
- an instance property
- an instance method
After that the workshop will continue with an opportunity for you to create your own first type provider with expect advice at hand or (if you're an old hand at all this) hack on some of the excellent open source type providers out there already.
Please come along with a laptop.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 4th - 5th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Creating Type Providers: Hands On with Michael Newton
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.