In this session we'll start from a brand new Visual Studio project and work as a group to a type provider which:
- Creates a namespace
- Adds a type to that namespace with:
- a static property
- a constructor or 2
- an instance property
- an instance method
After that the workshop will continue with an opportunity for you to create your own first type provider with expect advice at hand or (if you're an old hand at all this) hack on some of the excellent open source type providers out there already.
Please come along with a laptop.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Introduction: Rust London & BCS / OSSG Hybrid Talks (SkillsCast recorded in August 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Creating Type Providers: Hands On with Michael Newton
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.