In this session we'll start from a brand new Visual Studio project and work as a group to a type provider which:
- Creates a namespace
- Adds a type to that namespace with:
- a static property
- a constructor or 2
- an instance property
- an instance method
After that the workshop will continue with an opportunity for you to create your own first type provider with expect advice at hand or (if you're an old hand at all this) hack on some of the excellent open source type providers out there already.
Please come along with a laptop.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Haskell at Work (Online Workshop on 30th January - 2nd February 2023)
- F# eXchange 2023: In-Person (in London on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- F# eXchange 2023: Conference Livestream (Online Conference on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- ML Pipelines from the Get Go (Without Tears) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
- A Conceptual Introduction to Nix for Haskellers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
Creating Type Providers: Hands On with Michael Newton
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.