Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk we will focus on what it means to have a clean model.
That is a model not cluttered with all the latest technology trends and patterns. We'll get back to basics and focus on the all the good stuff like what is means to have low-coupling, high-cohesion, and composability. Relationships will get special attention and the data structures necessary to represent them.
Abstraction is a powerful tool but so often misunderstood and misused leading to leaky abstractions and abstractions at are unrepresentative. These unrepresentative abstractions lead to brittle models that often impact quality-of-service requirements such as maintainability, robustness, and performance.
With this grounding in place we will explore mapping application requirements onto model access patterns and consider the resulting performance implications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Cluster Consensus: When Aeron Met Raft (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 7th - 8th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Towards Autonomously aligned teams with Domain-Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)