Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk we will focus on what it means to have a clean model.
That is a model not cluttered with all the latest technology trends and patterns. We'll get back to basics and focus on the all the good stuff like what is means to have low-coupling, high-cohesion, and composability. Relationships will get special attention and the data structures necessary to represent them.
Abstraction is a powerful tool but so often misunderstood and misused leading to leaky abstractions and abstractions at are unrepresentative. These unrepresentative abstractions lead to brittle models that often impact quality-of-service requirements such as maintainability, robustness, and performance.
With this grounding in place we will explore mapping application requirements onto model access patterns and consider the resulting performance implications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Cluster Consensus: When Aeron Met Raft (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Lightning Talk: Specification as a Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)