Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk we will focus on what it means to have a clean model.
That is a model not cluttered with all the latest technology trends and patterns. We'll get back to basics and focus on the all the good stuff like what is means to have low-coupling, high-cohesion, and composability. Relationships will get special attention and the data structures necessary to represent them.
Abstraction is a powerful tool but so often misunderstood and misused leading to leaky abstractions and abstractions at are unrepresentative. These unrepresentative abstractions lead to brittle models that often impact quality-of-service requirements such as maintainability, robustness, and performance.
With this grounding in place we will explore mapping application requirements onto model access patterns and consider the resulting performance implications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Cluster Consensus: When Aeron Met Raft (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- What Really Matters (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)