Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
If the data fits in RAM, moving it back and forth between memory and disk is a waste of time and adds a lot of unnecessary complexity. With OrigoDB, you define a custom data model and transactions using your favorite CLR language, then just press play.
In this 4 hour fast-paced hands-on session you will learn all about OrigoDB from one of the core developers. Bring a laptop and code along or just sit back and enjoy the ride.
After a short introduction we'll dig into the coding basics including custom domain modeling, writing commands and queries, explicit vs. implicit transactions, unit testing, engine configuration and hosting.
We'll proceed with a look at some alternative modeling approaches, including immutable models with lock free concurrency and round off with an OrigoDB Server demo.
Please Note These are hands on sessions, so please bring a laptop and power leads as well as
- Visual Studio 2012 or better
- Nuget package manager
- NUnit test runner
- Internet connection
- Scriptcs (optional) - see www.scriptcs.net for installation instructions
- PDF reader (exercise instructions)
The materials (slides, demos, lab files) will be available as a single zip download at http://github.com/devrexlabs/origodb.workshop/ the day prior to the workshop.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lessons Learned Building OrigoDB and Memstate (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 28th June - 1st July 2021)
- Machine Learning Made Easy with ML.NET and F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Nagareyama: a new Fable, faster, more powerful and easier to use (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)