Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
If the data fits in RAM, moving it back and forth between memory and disk is a waste of time and adds a lot of unnecessary complexity. With OrigoDB, you define a custom data model and transactions using your favorite CLR language, then just press play.
In this 4 hour fast-paced hands-on session you will learn all about OrigoDB from one of the core developers. Bring a laptop and code along or just sit back and enjoy the ride.
After a short introduction we'll dig into the coding basics including custom domain modeling, writing commands and queries, explicit vs. implicit transactions, unit testing, engine configuration and hosting.
We'll proceed with a look at some alternative modeling approaches, including immutable models with lock free concurrency and round off with an OrigoDB Server demo.
Please Note These are hands on sessions, so please bring a laptop and power leads as well as
- Visual Studio 2012 or better
- Nuget package manager
- NUnit test runner
- Internet connection
- Scriptcs (optional) - see www.scriptcs.net for installation instructions
- PDF reader (exercise instructions)
The materials (slides, demos, lab files) will be available as a single zip download at http://github.com/devrexlabs/origodb.workshop/ the day prior to the workshop.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lessons Learned Building OrigoDB and Memstate (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- F# eXchange 2023: Conference Livestream (Online Conference on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Why Every Day as a Developer Would Be Easier with F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)