For the majority of us, legacy code is part of our life and learning how to embrace it can make things far more enjoyable. In this live coding session, Sandro will be demonstrating how to overcome the most common problems found when testing legacy code.
He will be taking a piece of messy Java code, test it until is 100% covered and then show how to refactor it in order to bring the business language and requirements to life.
This session is full of tips and tricks you can start applying immediately. Although the code is in Java, the same principles can be applied in any language
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th October 2021)
- Software Modernisation: A Strategic Approach (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- TPP: From Dumb, to Specific, to Generic (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Testing and Refactoring Legacy Code
Software craftsman, author, and founder of the London Software Craftsmanship Community (LSCC). Sandro has been coding since a very young age but only started his professional career in 1996. He has worked for startups, software houses, product companies, international consultancy companies, and investment banks.
During his career Sandro had the opportunity to work in a good variety of projects, with different languages, technologies, and across many different industries. Sandro has a lot of experience in bringing the Software Craftsmanship ideology and Extreme Programming practices to organisations of all sizes. Sandro is internationally renowned by his work on evolving and spreading Software Craftsmanship and is frequently invited to speak in many conferences around the world. His professional aspiration is to raise the bar of the software industry by helping developers become better at and care more about their craft.