How well does CQRS integrate with Scala? Does it play nicely with Futures and Akka?
CQRS or Command Query Responsibility Segregation is a popular design pattern used across many different languages. Over the past several years Jamie has been building up templates and patterns for use in the building of Scala services. He now wishes to expose them to the world, hopefully for the benefit of all of us! Watch this SkillsCast to check out what Jamie has been up to.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Service Oriented Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in May 2016)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
CQRS & Scala
Jamie is a senior developer in Concentra's Product Development Team. Having spent the last 4 years developing services in Scala, Jamie has been focused on taking service orientated architecture patterns into the functional space. Hailing from a background in maths, he seems to take a perverse pleasure in finding new ways to abstract problems. Most of his work is in back-end services and modelling.