Would you like to know how Microsoft Azure and F# fit together as an excellent value proposition for storage, retrieval and analysis of large quantities of data? Join Isaac Abraham who will run through how to use Azure and what it has to offer.
Microsoft Azure offers a number of flexible options to act as a low-cost, high-performance and reliable data-store, whilst one of F#’s biggest strengths is its ability to quickly and easily parse and analyse data.
In this talk, you will see:
How to use the Azure Portal and Visual Studio to quickly and easily create and manage Azure storage
What the different storage options offered by Microsoft Azure areWhy you would use Azure storage over other databases
How the Azure Storage Type Provider can drastically lower the barrier to entry to getting up and running with programming against Azure
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Taming Types in the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Type Provider to Azure
Isaac Abraham is an F# MVP and a .NET developer since .NET 1.0 with an interest in cloud computing and distributed data problems. He nowadays lives in both the UK and Germany and is the director of Compositional IT. He specializes in consultancy, training and development, helping customers adopt high-quality, functional-first solutions on the .NET platform.