Would you like to know how Microsoft Azure and F# fit together as an excellent value proposition for storage, retrieval and analysis of large quantities of data? Join Isaac Abraham who will run through how to use Azure and what it has to offer.
Microsoft Azure offers a number of flexible options to act as a low-cost, high-performance and reliable data-store, whilst one of F#’s biggest strengths is its ability to quickly and easily parse and analyse data.
In this talk, you will see:
How to use the Azure Portal and Visual Studio to quickly and easily create and manage Azure storage
What the different storage options offered by Microsoft Azure areWhy you would use Azure storage over other databases
How the Azure Storage Type Provider can drastically lower the barrier to entry to getting up and running with programming against Azure
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Taming Types in the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Azure DevOps (in Online Event on 15th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Type Provider to Azure
Isaac Abraham is an F# MVP and a .NET developer since .NET 1.0 with an interest in cloud computing and distributed data problems. He nowadays lives in both the UK and Germany and is the director of Compositional IT. He specializes in consultancy, training and development, helping customers adopt high-quality, functional-first solutions on the .NET platform.