Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
They do not age well; are difficult to change; difficult to understand; difficult to test; difficult to diagnose issues; and quickly become saddled with overwhelming technical debt. Is there a better way? Microservices based architectures look very promising. But what exactly are microservices? How do you get started? What are the benefits? What are the trade-offs? How do you design them? I will share with you my journey to the discovery of micro services. The goal of the talk is to help you understand if a microservices based architecture might be a good fit for the business problem you are trying to solve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Microservices based architectures - a path to "Living Software"
Originally from the UK, Jason is a software guy now living in Atlanta, GA. He’s been slinging code since the age of 12 and would dearly love to be slinging code until he finally pops his clogs.