Would you like to venture further down the road to optimised concurrent queues? Join The London Java Community for a follow on from Nitsan Wakart's talk back in March who challenges any finders of further optimisations.
- False Sharing in 3 flavours!
- Inlined vs Referenced counters
- Advanced Ring Buffer mechanics
- Benchmarking throughput and latency
- JAQ: an open source effort toward best of breed concurrency tools.
At the end of the talk a free drink will be offered to any finders of further optimizations
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Beyond Queues: Novel Concurrent Message Passing Techniques (SkillsCast recorded in June 2016)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Lock Free Queue Evolution II: Over the Edge
Nitsan is a blogger and a coder with a pedantic passion for performance. His work has spanned army intelligence systems, dot.com era startups, financial institutions and innovative product companies. He is the Lead Performance Eng. for Azul Systems by day (working on Zing, best JVM ever :-)), and main contributor to lock free data structures library JCTools by night.