Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The various Agile methodologies get us closer to these business goals by driving out impediments and working in small batches, but what happens after we're executing and we start worrying about prioritization? Inexorably we're lead to seemingly radical new ideas like systems thinking, single piece flow, pull, and release-per-feature.
In this new paradigm, the things that used to work for us – release planning, continuous integration, TDD, evolutionary design, etc. – require tweaking or, in certain cases, out-and-out innovation.
David explains to his audience release planning, continuous integration, TDD, evolutionary design, etc. – require tweaking or, in certain cases, out-and-out innovation. And he identified the architect as a key player in the realm of Lean software development.
The tutorial continued with David grouping the audience in to practical work groups, these groups worked together to solve various case studies.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Rules for Software Radicals (SkillsCast recorded in March 2011)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: Agility at Scale - a meeting of mindsets (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Towards a New Architect
David Laribee has trucked in software for over 15 years. He favors collaboration, design thinking, simple, domain-driven design paired with low ceremony process, tools and platforms.