A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Session 2 with Scott Whalschin explores how to change your coding mindset and start to think functionally.
Based on this series.
- The math behind FP
- Every function has one input and output
- Currying, partial application again
- Primitive types, unit, tuples, generics by default
- Designing for partial application - why is parameter order “backwards” compared to OO?
- Being able to read function signatures. Using signatures to find a library function
- Why generics are safer than knowing the type
- Understanding type inference
- Organizing functions in modules
Simple RPN stack based calculator. For more advanced people, add a simple parser and a WinForms UI.
Session 2 recap
Should be now be very comfortable with FP concepts
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)