A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This session is based on this talk.
- Product types and sum types
interactive exercise - isFever function that handles degF and degC
interactive exercise - simple DSL for time
type TimeScale = Hour | Hours | Day | Days | Week | Weeks
type TimeDirection = Ago | Hence]
Maybe and Either
Single case DUs
Simple state machines
Designing for correctness. Make illegal states unrepresentable
interactive exercise - simple shopping cart
Handling errors with Either ("railway oriented programming") rather than exceptions interactive exercise - railway-oriented fizzbuzz
Code project: design the types for a blackjack game. Unions, tuples all over the place!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 24th - 27th May 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 28th June - 1st July 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)