A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This workshop gives you hands-on practice at removing extraneous details and focusing on the essential ones. You’ll produce typical scenarios and iteratively improve them with feedback from the instructors and your peers.
You will learn how to:
- Get to the heart of a problem domain quickly, so you can focus on solving the most important stories and scenarios first.
- Distinguish between rules and examples.
- Write examples that help you deduce the rules.
- Write scenarios that communicate with various stakeholders: business stakeholders, auditors, future testers and programmers, customer support.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 7 reasons why BDD is not for you (SkillsCast recorded in April 2016)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Keynote: SWARMing into Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Bringing Humanity Back to the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Advanced Essence Distillation Workshop
George is a software development consultant and coach with over thirty years of experience creating software ranging from small embedded systems to corporate enterprise systems.
Matt is the author of The Cucumber Book, and in 2013 he cofounded Cucumber Limited with Aslak Hellesøy and Julien Biezemans. Their company was acquired by SmartBear in 2019 and he now works as a BDD Advocate with a mission to maximise the adoption of BDD practices in the software industry.