Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We will explore demonstrate real world use cases which make Scala stand out as a choice programming language for for building clean, beautiful, RESTful APIs with tools such as Swagger+Scalatra. Techniques will be demonstrated for producing & consuming JSON (json4s), as well as sending HTTP Requests (Dispatch), using MySQL & Cassandra, and Caching. We will also explore Scala testing frameworks, and how they plug into our larger CI/CD infrastructure, with additional discussions of Netflix OSS components.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Lagom: Microservices Done ‘Just Right' (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Netflix + Scala
Brendan is a Senior Consultant & Trainer at BoldRadius, where he works directly with clients to help them find success through consulting and training on the Typesafe Reactive Platform.