Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you'll see how Groovy is a serious language that can help solve a lot of problems. From scripts, to writing unit tests, to building projects, we'll take you through use cases that highlight the advantages of having a second language in your toolbox. All of this is done through live coding.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gradle's New Model (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- J Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Real-time Stream Processing in Spring Made Easy (in London on 25th August 2022)
- Prepare for What "Looms" Ahead (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Process Automation in Cloud-Native Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Groovy for Java developers
Peter is a long time Java developer and one of the core Grails committers. He has been developing with Grails since version 0.2 (give or take 0.1). He created the GWT Grails plugin as an exercise to see whether it was possible, but it has since grown into something that can support serious development.