A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
You probably can't imagine that Monoids (not monads) are so simple maths creatures that you can understand them in just a few minutes.
But you probably don't imagine either that they can help you craft elegant and powerful domain models that scale very well.
Through various examples, we will have a closer look at monoids used for domain modeling in a style that mixes the best of DDD and FP. Even in languages like Java or C#, this talk will influence your coding style forever!
'More entertaining and educational explanation of Monoids I've heard' - Martin Thompson, DDD exchange London 2014.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Modelling For Digital Transformations (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 10th - 14th May 2021)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 13th - 14th May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Real-world API Modularization with DDD and Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbours (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)