Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Etsy loves Gradle. On the Android team, we use it for all our builds, and have it integrated with our Jenkins / CI jobs to run all of our tests, lints, builds, update version numbers, and deploy our internal releases. Everyone should love Gradle. This talk will get the audience acquainted with the Groovy/Gradle DSL, and then move into some really sweet ways you can clean up and reuse your build code (for multiproject builds and plugins).
What this talk will cover:
- Groovy basics: closures, filtering, variable declaration, classes
- Gradle primitives: files, tasks, configurations
- Gradle execution phases: configuration and execution
- Setting up a multiproject build
- Writing a Gradle plugin to make reusable build logic: I'll walk through the process we went through to set up a simple Gradle plugin we use at Etsy to keep our tablet layouts synced across multiple screen resolutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Jiang on On Stage Hacking: Build 12-Factor Microservices in an Hour (in London on 23rd July 2019)
- Keynote by Angela Yu on Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (in London on 25th July 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)