Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Etsy loves Gradle. On the Android team, we use it for all our builds, and have it integrated with our Jenkins / CI jobs to run all of our tests, lints, builds, update version numbers, and deploy our internal releases. Everyone should love Gradle. This talk will get the audience acquainted with the Groovy/Gradle DSL, and then move into some really sweet ways you can clean up and reuse your build code (for multiproject builds and plugins).
What this talk will cover:
- Groovy basics: closures, filtering, variable declaration, classes
- Gradle primitives: files, tasks, configurations
- Gradle execution phases: configuration and execution
- Setting up a multiproject build
- Writing a Gradle plugin to make reusable build logic: I'll walk through the process we went through to set up a simple Gradle plugin we use at Etsy to keep our tablet layouts synced across multiple screen resolutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 17th - 18th March 2020)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)