Functions are the key to getting the most out of modern iOS programming in Swift. Building on the fundamentals of functions in C and blocks in Objective-C, Swift functions have the power and flexibility that will make your inner LISPer smile. This session takes you from Hello World to closures. We look at functions that range from those with the simplest of signatures to those that take advantage of generics.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: The Monad Lurking Under Your Bed At Night (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2019 (in London on 10th - 11th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
What the Func?
Daniel is the author of the best selling books 'A Swift Kickstart' and 'Developing iOS 7 Apps for iPad and iPhone' (the official companion book to the popular iTunes U series from Stanford University).