Functions are the key to getting the most out of modern iOS programming in Swift. Building on the fundamentals of functions in C and blocks in Objective-C, Swift functions have the power and flexibility that will make your inner LISPer smile. This session takes you from Hello World to closures. We look at functions that range from those with the simplest of signatures to those that take advantage of generics.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: The Monad Lurking Under Your Bed At Night (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 17th - 19th March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
What the Func?
Daniel is the author of the best selling books 'A Swift Kickstart' and 'Developing iOS 7 Apps for iPad and iPhone' (the official companion book to the popular iTunes U series from Stanford University).