Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Quality on mobile is a challenge! Developing mobile apps requires dealing with multiple platforms, OS versions, form-factors and resolutions, varying hardware capabilities and network conditions. At the same time users have extremely high expectations for the mobile experience and will promptly punish with bad App Store reviews when disappointed. User expectations are set by fast-moving consumer apps such as Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps which deliver fast, responsive, quality apps with frequent release cycles.
So how can we take an agile approach to testing while delivering on the technical challenges posed by mobile? In this talk we look at Calabash a mobile test automation tool which supports and leverages Cucumber to enable easy implementation of BDD. We'll give an overview of BDD for mobile, an introduction to Calabash and demo how we can create executable specifications for mobile apps which act as cross-platform automated acceptance tests.
As a "kicker," we'll finish off with demoing Xamarin Test Cloud, an innovative cloud-based service that provides managed access to more than a thousand mobile devices for the purpose of mobile quality assurance, addressing the technical challenges of mobile quality mentioned above.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cross-platform and End-To-End BDD for Mobile (SkillsCast recorded in April 2013)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote Evening at Mobile Matters (in London on 28th November 2019)
- Core Image: Great When It Works (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Agile Testing of Mobile Apps
Karl Krukow is Technical Lead on Xamarin Test Cloud, an innovative cloud-based service that provides managed access to more than a thousand mobile devices for the purpose of mobile quality assurance.