The demands and expectations for applications have changed dramatically in recent years. Applications today are deployed on a wide range of infrastructure; from mobile devices up to thousands of nodes running in the cloud—all powered by multi-core processors. They need to be rich and collaborative, have a real-time feel with millisecond response time and should never stop running. Additionally, modern applications are a mashup of external services that need to be consumed and composed to provide the features at hand.
We are seeing a new type of applications emerging to address these new challenges—these are being called Reactive Applications.
Intended Audience: Programmers, architects, CIO/CTOs and everyone with a desire to challenge the status quo and expand their horizons on how to tackle the current and future challenges in the computing industry.
Jonas will be appearing at Scala Days 2015 in San Francisco on 17th March 2015, Click here to find out more!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- On Reactive Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Real-time Stream Processing in Spring Made Easy (in London on 25th August 2022)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Go Reactive: Building Responsive, Resilient, Elastic & Message-Driven Systems
Jonas Bonér is founder and CTO of Lightbend, inventor of the Akka project, co-author of the Reactive Manifesto and a Java Champion.