Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Pietro will present what are the biggest surprises that these old time mobility users are going to face and how we can help them to embrace, extend and enjoy the power of Android.
Large retailers were already using mobile computers with barcode scanners and Wireless networks in the 80s. During the last 30 years they have used custom HW running different versions of DOS,
PalmOS, PocketPC, Windows CE, Windows Mobile and Windows Embedded Handheld on Rugged PDAs and Smartphones.
Now it's time to migrate to someting new, to Android.
In this talk I will present what are the biggest surprises that these old time mobility users are going to face and how we can help them to embrace, extend and enjoy the power of Android.
To Android developers and entrepreneurs this talk will explain what are the best practices that the Industrial Mobility field has collected over 30 years of history:
Think about deployment at design stage
IT Friendly is as important as User Friendly
Why a solution that is good for the consumer market is not good enough for Industrial Mobility.
Acknowledge that your solution is going to survive some generations of Mobile devices (and maybe OSes)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Background Work With WorkManager (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Android Industrial Mobility
Pietro has 15+ years of development experience from 8-bit MCU to HTML5 web apps, architecting solutions for mobile devices before it was trendy. In the Android Developer Relations team his focus is to provide an awesome developer experience around Play technologies like Android Vitals and Android App Bundles.