Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk will provide an in-depth tour of the new Gradle-based Android build system.
The Gradle-based Android build system has been designed to elegantly deal with the diversity of the Android ecosystem and the demands of modern development practices. We will go through its concepts and features such as variant support and a completely new and powerful dependency management.
The new Android build system is also a key component to the Android Studio and to Continuous Integration. We will show how this makes Android Studio much more powerful than other Android IDEs. We will also discuss how the build system can be leveraged to build powerful CI solutions and how to integrate it into larger enterprise build processes.
We will round off the talk with other new highlights that have been introduced recently or that are currently being worked on.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Revolutionary features in Gradle 4.0 (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Deep Dive into the Gradle-based Android Build System
Etienne works at Gradle Inc. as VP of Product Tooling. He has been working as a developer, architect, project manager, and CTO over the past 15 years.