Earlier this year, the inventor of Rails gave a talk entitled “TDD is Dead.” This talk sparked a controversy that eventually involved many people including myself, Kent Beck and Martin Fowler. What did we learn, and what is the future of TDD?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Uncle Bob's Clean Architecture (in London on 4th - 6th December 2019)
- Clean Architecture: Drawing Lines (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- Giving my enemies a voice (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Improve confidence in your code with mutation testing (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
In the Brain: TDD is Alive, Well, and Growing
Robert Martin (@unclebobmartin) is Master Craftsman at 8th Light, Skills Matter instructor and author of a range of books (as well as hundreds of articles), including: Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship as well as his most recent, Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design.