Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, aimed at beginner-to-intermediate Scala developers, Dave will build a simple, powerful, composable data validation library from the ground up, explaining at each stage the design choices made and the benefits gained from the Scala programming language.
The talk will cover such topics as:
- How do we model errors and warnings?
- How do we bind validation to our data and the user interface?
- How do we make validation modular and composable?
- How do we deal with cross-cutting concerns such as async and dependency injection.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange 2018 Opening - Welcome to Day 1! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Haskell at Work (Online Workshop on 30th January - 2nd February 2023)
- Haskell eXchange 2022: Novice Track (Online Conference on 7th December 2022)
- Haskell eXchange 2022: Online Conference (Online Conference on 8th - 9th December 2022)
- London Java Community Unconference (in London on 5th December 2022)
- LJC Live with Andrey Breslav - Shoulders of Giants: Languages Kotlin learned from (in London on 12th December 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- The Middle Way for Static Typing in Spark DataFrames (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
Functional Data Validation
Dave is a developer, trainer, and partner at underscore.io. He has spent over a decade programming, speaking at conferences, and writing books on functional programming.