Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This session explores difficulties teams are experiencing with Scala, and how to overcome them. If you're starting or growing a team, the code examples and alternatives we present may help you progress faster.
The examples are from commercial code reviews across a wide range of developers and projects. We've seen what developers are struggling with, and how teams are shipping code while getting to grips with Scala.
We will look at examples including:
- managing error handling and configuration
- failure to use the type system
- battling with libraries; and
- making code easier to read and maintain.
Behind each piece of code there's a reason why the code ended up that way. Richard will provide suggestions from the Scala ecosystem that would give a better result.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 13th - 14th November 2017)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 12th - 13th December 2017)
- Compile Scala Faster with Iulian Dragos and Mirco Dotta (in London on 13th December 2017)
- ScalaX2gether Community Day (in London on 16th December 2017)