This session was not filmed.
Quality on mobile is a challenge! Developing mobile apps requires dealing with multiple platforms, OS versions, form-factors, varying hardware capabilities and network conditions. At the same time users have extremely high expectations for the mobile experience and will promptly punish with bad App Store reviews when disappointed. Expectations are set by consumer apps such as Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps which deliver fast, responsive, quality apps with frequent release cycles.
This workshop is a hands-on intro to BDD for Mobile using Calabash. It will enable which enables QA Engineers and developers to collaborate with business to define executable specifications that serve as living documentation for the apps being built. Calabash leverages cucumber to turn specifications into cross-platform automated acceptance tests for mobile apps. This will serve as a whirlwind tour of Calabash. The class is almost entirely hands-on and participants will get familiar with Calabash and will be ready to start using in their own projects.
Because of the short workshop duration, we do assume familiarity with BDD and Cucumber-rb. To author automated tests we require some familiarity with automated testing and/or development. Manual testers and project stakeholders are welcome too - this will enable collaboration around creating feature files and test automation.
We'll then go on to incrementally build-up a test suite for a real cross-platform mobile app, discussing best practices along the way. We'll wrap up with a demo of running the suite on Xamarin Test Cloud, a cloud-services that provides automated access to more than a thousand mobile devices and delightful test reporting.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Agile Testing of Mobile Apps (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Testing and UB (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Using software engineering practices to improve engineering management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- How to stop worrying, love the SPA and appreciate Rails (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Getting started on Mobile testing with Calabash - Part Three
Karl Krukow is Technical Lead on Xamarin Test Cloud, an innovative cloud-based service that provides managed access to more than a thousand mobile devices for the purpose of mobile quality assurance.