Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The challenge in that scenario is to test all the containers in collaboration and do so in a nightly build without any human interaction.
The presentation details how we have overcome the challenges
- by packaging all the containers within docker images throughout the build process
- by creating a test framework based on docker-java, Scala, Akka and Scalatest
- by integrating the individual pieces within our maven based build process
The combination of the technologies mentioned above allow us to execute the entire integration test suite over night against the latest, automatically generated docker images.
All framework source is available on Github.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 7th - 10th February 2022)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Using Docker, Scala and Akka for integration tests
Andreas is Founder and Lead consultant at the Way of Quality GmbH in Germany. His focus is on distributed applications where he applies a range of technologies. Lately he is working on transitioning a Java based OSGi application to Scala and Akka.