Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Then we will explore how to solve the common problem of custom data serialisation. Initially we will present some commonly adopted approaches including the Adapter Pattern, showing their pitfalls. Then, we will show how type-classes simplify the design and result in better extensibility and and API usability.
Finally we will discover how users don’t need to understand type-classes to make use of these libraries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Haskell at Work (Online Workshop on 30th January - 2nd February 2023)
- High level JDK comparison for cloud native hosting (Online Meetup on 30th November 2022)
- London Java Community Unconference (in London on 5th December 2022)
- What Logic can Teach Us, Scala Programmers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
All you don't need to know about typeclasses
Julien is a Software Engineer at Workday who has fallen in love with Scala back in 2010. Like many other computer engineers who have started their career around the beginning of the new millennium, he comes from a Java background but has quickly embraced the modular nature of Scala and he now tends to consider himself an FP advocate.