Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Ensime (https://github.com/ensime/ensime-server), is a Scala IDE for Emacs, It is a fundamentally different design to other IDEs in that it is implemented as a server doing the lifting and emacs doing the display.
Its design leads to a number of interesting opportunities.
This talk gives an overview of Ensimes current state, the future plans and shows some interesting things you can do when you have your IDE as a queryable process.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Back to Basics aka 'When to Break Rules' (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 3rd - 4th November 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Ensime - The other IDE
Rory spends his life fighting to find a balance between writing ugly high performance code and beautiful maintainable code. He fights from the trenches to make software better, contributing to open source and has has worked across the entire gamut of software from building a JVM to optimising grid computing.