This session was not filmed.
Appium is an open-source, cross-platform and multi-language mobile automation framework. In this workshop we'll focus on using Appium to write functional tests for iOS and Android mobile web, hybrid, and native apps. Beginning with an expanded introduction to Appium concepts, participants will learn about the WebDriver protocol and the mobile-specific extensions Appium has added to make automating mobile apps more effective. We'll discuss the various library methods that are available for the workshop language (Java) and strategies for writing robust tests. Finally, we'll employ these newly-learned skills by running our tests on iOS simulators and Android emulators hosted in the Sauce Labs test cloud.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Appium: Mobile Automation Made Awesome (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Appium Workshop - Part Two
I have been engaged with the use and development of technology in one form or another since I was young, and am currently pursuing a career as a software developer. It's not all roses, however: I take a fairly radical and critical stance towards the adoption of technology in society.