Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
These concepts are highly relevant to Clojure development, because they provide a way to resolve the tension between simple, coarse-grained state management, and simple, fine-grained functions that operate on parts of that state.
In this talk I will explore what form these concepts might take in an untyped (by default) language like Clojure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Composition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Developer Productivity Engineering - Next Big Thing in Software Development (in London on 29th June 2022)
- LJC Lunchtime Lighting Talks (Online Meetup on 1st July 2022)
- Functional Lenses Through a Practical Lens (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Generating Castles for Minecraft™ using Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Journey through the looking glass
Chris is a certified BABE (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Engineering), and consequentially an idiophile and technophobe. He began to make music with code partly to compensate for his poor technique, and partly because air piano is unsatisfying. When he works, he works for ThoughtWorks, though that isn't all the time.