A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Pairing in the software development world is a heavily discussed topic, mainly because it isn't a silver bullet for producing quality software. However, just because it isn't applicable for every scenario doesn't mean it isn't something we need to be doing more; maybe we just need to understand it better?
In this hands on session, you will be taking part in various exercises to explore the pros and cons of the different types of pairing, when they are most suitable, and how you can take this away and starting applying it to your day-to-day work in software development.
The session will include:
No really; it'll all become clear on the day.
There are no prerequisites
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What do Testers do? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2013)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Stop talking about pairing and pair.
I've spent 5 years or so now as a dedicated front end developer. The UI guy. The one who knows CSS. I love creating UIs, especially modern, responsive, mobiley, animated UIs, and I'm lucky enough that that's what I get to do every single day.
Tony Bruce is a professional, experienced, constantly learning, coaching and teaching agile team member who specialises in Testing. He has worked in various industries with organisations such as Channel 4, Ernst & Young, LMAX and The Children’s Society.