Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
But what if there is true value in the world of scalaz? What if it is possible to use these tools for good (and a little bit of evil – it's fun to use learning for evil!) and profit... Without getting hopelessly lost in the opium dens of FP?
In this talk we will look at some of the "gateway drugs" of scalaz: Validation, NonEmptyList, \/, Monad Transformers, and more. How do they work from a practical standpoint? What is their value for real world applications? Can we use them without an advanced Maths PhD? And just how fun is it to really code with these tools?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Lagom: Microservices Done ‘Just Right' (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 24th - 27th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 21st May 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Unveiling much simplified Functional Programming in Scala for Data Engineering (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
A Skeptic's Look at scalaz' "Gateway Drugs”: A Practical Exploration
Brendan is a Senior Consultant & Trainer at BoldRadius, where he works directly with clients to help them find success through consulting and training on the Typesafe Reactive Platform.