Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With a team of collaborators who are some of the world’s greatest experts at BDD, you’d like to think that Cucumber’s codebase would be a shining example of what happens why you get everything right. If only!
Thousands of companies around the world rely on Cucumber to tell them whether their software works or not. Yet for years the codebase for Cucumber carried the same scars as your codebase probably does: a top-heavy test suite that was brittle and took too long to run and a domain model that lagged behind our current understanding of the problem.
That was then, and this is now. Learn how Cucumber 2.0 has solved a lot of these problems. Learn what we’ve learned from the project: about releasing into the market early, about slow software, and about how having a good domain model fixes everything.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- 7 reasons why BDD is not for you (SkillsCast recorded in April 2016)
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 16th - 18th March 2020)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Crunching 'Real-Life Stories' with DDD Event Storming and Combining it with BDD Techniques (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
The Cucumber That (Nearly) Ate Itself
Matt is the author of The Cucumber Book, and in 2013 he cofounded Cucumber Limited with Aslak Hellesøy and Julien Biezemans. Their company was acquired by SmartBear in 2019 and he now works as a BDD Advocate with a mission to maximise the adoption of BDD practices in the software industry.