In object-oriented development, we are all familiar with design patterns such as the Strategy pattern and Decorator pattern, and design principles such as SOLID. The functional programming community has design patterns and principles as well. This talk will provide an overview of some of these, and present some demonstrations of FP design in practice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 4th - 5th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Functional programming design patterns with Scott Wlaschin
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.