In object-oriented development, we are all familiar with design patterns such as the Strategy pattern and Decorator pattern, and design principles such as SOLID. The functional programming community has design patterns and principles as well. This talk will provide an overview of some of these, and present some demonstrations of FP design in practice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Keynote: (Programming Languages) in Agda = Programming (Languages in Agda) (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Functional programming design patterns with Scott Wlaschin
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.