Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As Inigo Montoya continually chides his companion Vizzini in The Princess Bride: “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
In this talk Dan North attempts to unpack the popularity of these anything-but-agile methods and proposes an alternative that might just work in the enterprise. A combination of lean thinking, hypothesis-based change and giving people control of their own workplace could be the solution. It’s harder to sell certificates though.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- Keynote: SWARMing into Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 13th - 16th June 2022)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 11th - 13th July 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)
Agile - You keep using that word
Daniel Terhorst-North uses his deep technical and organisational knowledge to help CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He puts people first and finds simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques. With over thirty years of experience in IT, Daniel is a frequent speaker at technology and business conferences worldwide.