Performance is an important requirement for your app. Nobody ever wanted a slower website, or for for their data ingestion to take 24 hours. Performance tuning also teaches you surprising things about your application and its dependencies.
There's two halves to this talk: 1. JVM Performance Tuning, why it's hard, and some surprising things you have to pay attention to 2. Some examples of performance tuning from a production Clojure app, both in the frontend webapp and in the backend data pipeline.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A History and Evaluation of System R (SkillsCast recorded in January 2016)
- Extreme Java: Concurrency Performance with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 31st March - 2nd April 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Lightning Talk: F# in 3D Bin Packing (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Opening the Grimoire - some things about clojure performance
Tom Crayford is the creator of Yeller, an all Clojure tool for debugging exceptions in your production app. He likes fast things.