Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What is technical bankruptcy? More to the point, what is technical Debt? And what happens to software systems when the interest payments on technical debt go out of control?
In this talk Lukas will explain all, using code as the basis, but using ideas that transfer to other realms.
Then he will investigate how a small amount of math can demonstrate why bankruptcy comes more quickly than most would expect. He pulls together ideas from Organisational Change Management and Metcalf’s Law and connects them to the quality of the code base, and how easy systems are to change.
Be prepared for some novel, innovative and challenging ideas, whilst getting an intuitive sense of how complexity in multiple dimensions affects the ability to make changes over time. And keep your ears open for a reference to the Iraqi Army.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talks: Simply Business (SkillsCast recorded in April 2012)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Lukas joined Simply Business as Chief Technology Officer in September 2010 with the aim of increasing flexibility and agility of the organisation through technology. Since joining he has implemented a number of new systems and processes including Agile and Build-Measure-Learn, transforming the speed and efficiency of new product development.