SkillsCast coming soon.
Cucumber-Ruby 2.0 (https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber) comes with a brand new simplified formatter API. In this workshop we'll introduce the new API and show you how to write a custom formatter.
We'll then split into pairs and see who can build the best new formatter for Cucumber-Ruby in the time available - voted for by the workshop participants.
Steve is a member of the Cucumber-Ruby core team, and will be on-hand throughout the workshop to offer help and guidance.
Attendees will need to bring a laptop with a reasonably modern version of ruby (2.0+) and a text editor. You are encouraged to work in pairs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hexagonal Rails (SkillsCast recorded in June 2012)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Uncle Bob Martin's Clean Code Workshop on Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Using software engineering practices to improve engineering management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- How to stop worrying, love the SPA and appreciate Rails (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Hands-On with the Cucumber Ruby 2.0 Formatter API [Workshop]
Steve is an independent programmer, trainer and coach. Passionate about improving his craft and helping others improve theirs. He specialises in helping teams produce business value continuously through improving communication and keeping their code maintainable. BDD is at the core of this process.