A look at the internals of the Cassandra Spark Connector and its architecture. How Spark co-operates with Cassandra. Best practice in terms of data retrieval and manipulation and some tuning tips to ensure you don't trip up when getting started or scaling out.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Retail Banking - Using Cassandra for Storing Financial Transactions (SkillsCast recorded in June 2017)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Robinson on Creating a Strong Data Science Portfolio (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- How I Rebuilt the Typelevel Ecosystem with Fury (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
James has almost 20 years experience as a Software Engineer, Architect and Technical Leader working for a number of startups and large organisations including Cisco Systems and Betfair. He specialises in Distributed systems and Scalability and has been using NoSQL technologies including Cassandra for the last 6 years. His recent work on a PoC using Cassandra convinced him to join Datastax as the leading Cassandra specialists.