In this talk Sam Elamin will relate his real life experience migrating a single ASP.NET application with a monolithic database to a distributed system dealing with £100,000 transactions every hour. Sam will cover the challenges faced, the lessons learned, and offer some final takeaways.
This story "from the trenches" will show you the pitfalls to avoid when doing Microservices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- London Dot Net and FullStack Bytes Festive Edition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 11th - 14th October 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Enabling Microservice Success (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
Monoliths to microservices. A Journey
Sam Elamin is a Big Data Engineer as well as an Apache Spark evangelist. Sam is interested in Big Data, Metrics Driven Development, and is currently exploring Real Time Analytics,as as well as streaming tools and frameworks like Apache Spark, Kinesis, Kafka and Google Big Query.