Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Microservice-based systems are getting a lot of press as they promise speed of delivery and the ability to do something that has always been a challenge in software development: Embrace, or even thrive on, change. The challenge is that designing microservices is harder than it might at first seem. Architecture, Design and DevOps has the ability, when brought together, to be a powerful force for innovation and competitive advantage… but it can also go horrendously wrong! The effective application of DDD is the key to success when designing for microservices.
In this talk David Dawson, CEO at Simplicity Itself, will show how the strategic patterns of DDD can be applied to get the advantages of embracing system change that are a big part of the microservices promise. Drawing from the Simplicity Itself “Knowledge” that’s been built up over the last half a decade in this area, David will share what he’s learned on how to apply DDD to the microservices, pipelines and data flows of modern software applications.
Using design concepts, the Life Preserver process and too, and real-world code snippets, David will look at how to enable suppleness in systems by embracing ‘stressors’, and how CQRS and Event Sourcing really delivers in this new environment when combined with effective bounded contexts, ACLs and Bulkheads.
This talk will show you just how relevant DDD is to the new world of microservices, sharing with you a number key templates of DDD patterns that enable you to get the most out of your investment in this new approach.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Storystorming with Martin Schimak (in London on 30th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: DevOps Patterns and Antipatterns & Best Practice Application Delivery (in London on 11th December 2019)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
DDD & Microservices from the Front Lines: Building Evolvable Software with Events, Aggregates and Friends
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.