Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk David Dawson, CEO at Simplicity Itself, will show how the strategic patterns of DDD can be applied to get the advantages of embracing system change that are a big part of the microservices promise. Drawing from the Simplicity Itself “Knowledge” that’s been built up over the last half a decade in this area, David will share what he’s learned on how to apply DDD to the microservices, pipelines and data flows of modern software applications.
Using design concepts, the Life Preserver process and too, and real-world code snippets, David will look at how to enable suppleness in systems by embracing ‘stressors’, and how CQRS and Event Sourcing really delivers in this new environment when combined with effective bounded contexts, ACLs and Bulkheads.
This talk will show you just how relevant DDD is to the new world of microservices, sharing with you a number key templates of DDD patterns that enable you to get the most out of your investment in this new approach.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices – Evolution, Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design & Legacy: Evolution Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
DDD & Microservices from the Front Lines: Building Evolvable Software with Events, Aggregates and Friends
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.