Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Microservice-based systems are getting a lot of press as they promise speed of delivery and the ability to do something that has always been a challenge in software development: Embrace, or even thrive on, change. The challenge is that designing microservices is harder than it might at first seem. Architecture, Design and DevOps has the ability, when brought together, to be a powerful force for innovation and competitive advantage… but it can also go horrendously wrong! The effective application of DDD is the key to success when designing for microservices.
In this talk David Dawson, CEO at Simplicity Itself, will show how the strategic patterns of DDD can be applied to get the advantages of embracing system change that are a big part of the microservices promise. Drawing from the Simplicity Itself “Knowledge” that’s been built up over the last half a decade in this area, David will share what he’s learned on how to apply DDD to the microservices, pipelines and data flows of modern software applications.
Using design concepts, the Life Preserver process and too, and real-world code snippets, David will look at how to enable suppleness in systems by embracing ‘stressors’, and how CQRS and Event Sourcing really delivers in this new environment when combined with effective bounded contexts, ACLs and Bulkheads.
This talk will show you just how relevant DDD is to the new world of microservices, sharing with you a number key templates of DDD patterns that enable you to get the most out of your investment in this new approach.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Polyglot Event Sourcing and DDD in 15 minutes (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
DDD & Microservices from the Front Lines: Building Evolvable Software with Events, Aggregates and Friends
David Dawson takes his passion for design, architecture and philosophy to all their clients, drinks their coffee and gives them Microservice platforms and systems in return.