Until now, iOS and OS X developers have used Objective-C along with patterns and techniques from Object Oriented programming. Now that we are writing our apps in Swift we’re being told that Functional Programming is so much better than OO and that all of our habits must change. In this talk we’ll see that the way we write good OO and FP code is a lot closer than you may think.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: The Monad Lurking Under Your Bed At Night (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Somewhere between Tomorrowland and Frontierland
Daniel is the author of the best selling books 'A Swift Kickstart' and 'Developing iOS 7 Apps for iPad and iPhone' (the official companion book to the popular iTunes U series from Stanford University).